Friday, December 02, 2005

mysterious-oaks


mysterious-oaks
Originally uploaded by tardigrade.
In a forest of California scrub oaks on a rainy grey day, the dark craggy branches remind me of monster movies with Bella Lagosi or Vincent Price.... Perhaps, Roger Corman comes to mind...? My grandfather worked with Roger and Vincent and Bella ... and even let Ed Wood use his studio on Yucca to do some of his ... eh hem, films. Ed Wood scared my mother (who was a kid) when, for a lark, he took his teeth out to prove his disability from World War II. Peter Lori used to visit at my grandparent's home and was apparently quite a funny man despite his dower appearance. Vincent Price was an art collector and loved my grandfather's work. It is too bad I wasn't there to enjoy the ghoulish crowd.

No comments: